Natural water care
Whirlpools, softubs, swim spas
Hard shell whirlpools with good filtration, many pipes, 37°C temperature
Softubs and inflatable whirlpools
No individual filtering possible, small filter, few pipes, 37°C temperature
Poor filtration, few pipes,
approx. 25°C - 30°C temperature
Water maintenance in a whirlpool can be very challenging and is definitely more difficult than water maintenance in a swimming pool!
If three people use the whirlpool, it is approximately the same load as if 150 people were bathing in a 4 x 8 m swimming pool.
In a whirlpool, there are about 1200 litres of water heated to 37° degrees.
- The heat of the water and the massage thoroughly cleans the skin.
- Skin particles, sweat, cosmetics, fats and oils get into the water and form a nutritional basis for bacteria.
- At a water temperature of 37° C ideal conditions for bacteria prevail.
- They can double every 20 - 30 minutes
- The bacteria settle on the microscopically small dirt particles floating in the water.